Veg Biryani recipe:
Veg Biryani recipe is made at home using natural ingredients which gives us excellent taste and healthy too.
Ingredients needed to make Veg Biryani recipe:
1. Seeraga Samba rice(raw rice)-1 kg (4 tumbler)
2. Cauliflower -50 gram( Well cleaned and cut into pieces)
3. Carrot -50 gram(Chopped into small pieces)
4. Beans- 50 gram( Chopped into small pieces)
5. Capsicum-10 gram( Chopped into small slices)
Things required for seasoning:
1. Pure ground nut oil-100 ml
2. Ghee -100 ml
3. Cinnamon -1 inch piece
4. Cloves – 5 pieces
5. Cardamom- 5 pieces
6. Garlic paste – 100 gram
7. Ginger paste -100 gram
8. Onion(big)-2 ( chopped)
9. Green chili -5 pieces ( Cut into two pieces each)
10. Red chili powder -1 table spoon( Make at home)
11. Turmeric powder -1 tea spoon
12. Coriander leaves -1 handful(finely cut into very small pieces)
13. Mint leaves -1 handful (finely cut into very small pieces)
14. Curry leaves -1/2 handful (finely cut into very small pieces)
15. Cashew nut -100 gram ( Soak in water and grind into fine paste)
16. Tomato -100 gram( Chopped into very small pieces)
17. Salt for seasoning.
18. Green Peas- 100 grams (Well soaked in water).
Work done before we start cooking:
Soak green peas in water before 24 hours of cooking veg Biryani.
Soak rice in water when we start cooking.
Preparation of Veg Briyani recipe:
Put cooker in medium flame stove. Let it heat for some time. Then add the ghee and oil, let it heat for some time. Now, add cinnamon, cloves and cardamom and fry for few seconds.
Then add onion and red chili. Fry it till the onion turns medium brown in color. After fry the onion, add garlic paste, ginger paste and tomato. Fry these ingredients till the raw smell of garlic and tomato goes off.
With this fry add curry, coriander, mint leaves and fry it for some time.
After adding the leaves add all vegetables , salt (required amount) then fry well.
Now drain out the water from seeraga samba rice and green peas then add them.
Pour 8 tumbler of water with it and add salt(required amount) and cashew nut powder for taste.
The water to rice ratio is 2:1. Now put lid and leave it for one whistle. Then change the flame to low and leave it for 5 more minutes.
We can find whether it is cooked or not by sprinkle some water in the bottom of the cooker if it goes off quickly then we can put off the stove. It means there is no water inside the cooker to cook more.
Otherwise leave it for some time then check with sprinkling water. Let the pressure goes off naturally and then open the cooker.
Finally, our Biryani is ready to taste.
Side dish to Biryani:
Take 2 big onion and chop them well and rinse with water. Then add it with curd then use it as side dish to Biryani. This will enhance the taste of Biryani.