Upma is made instantly if we have few things in kitchen including either Rava or Wheat Rava. It is a Dish we can prepare in 10-15 minutes.
Things required for Upma-Dish:
- Wheat Rava – 2 tumbler
- Water – 6 tumbler (3 times of wheat rava)
- Salt for seasoning.
For seasoning Upma-Dish:
1. Ground nut oil -3 table spoon (Use ghee instead of ground nut oil. Don’t use any other oils)
2. Mustard -1/4 table spoon
3. Urad dal- 1/4 table spoon
4. Bengal gram- 1/4 table spoon
5.Big onion -1 (chopped)
6. Red chili -6 ( each cut into two pieces and don’t use green chili that would change the taste of Upma)
7. Curry leaves – small quantity cut into small pieces.
Preparation of Wheat Upma-Dish:
Step 1: Put cooker in medium flame stove. When the cooker heated add ground nut oil or ghee. Later add mustard to burst then add Urad dal and Bengal gram leave them till dal turn brown. After that add Chopped onion , red chili and curry leaves. Fry till the onion turns brown.
Step 2 :Now, add water and leave it to boil.
Step 3: After water boils add Wheat Rava and still it well without clots. Now close the cooker and keep it in flame till 3 whistles of cooker. Then turn of the cooker.
Open the cooker after the pressure of cooker comes to normal. Now, Wheat Rava Upma Dish is ready to serve.
Have Sambar and Coconut chutney as side dish.
Links for Sambar and Coconut chutney are