Tomato Chutney Recipe:
Tomato Chutney recipe is a side dish for Idly, vada and Chapati.
Ingredients need for Tomato Chutney:
1) Small onion- 100grams (pealed)
2)Garlic cloves -10 pieces
3) Curry leaves -around 20 leaves
4)Tomato – 5 pieces(chopped)
5) Cumin seeds with pepper(Optional) – 1 table spoon
6) Salt for seasoning.
7) Castor oil- 1 table spoon(Oil extracted from castor seeds)
8)Red chilli -4 (You can use green chilies instead of red chili)
9) Ginger -small piece
Things to be fried:
Put soil pan in low flame and add 1 table spoon of castor oil. Wait until castor oil get heated. Then add small onion and garlic cloves fry it till it turn brown. Remove it from pan and keep it aside. Secondly add curry leaves and 4red chilly. Let it fry until green chilli becomes Pale brown. Remove the from pan add it to the small onion we fried before. Finally add chopped tomatoes fry it till it fry well.
Put all fried things into Mixie Jar and add salt to taste. Finally grind them well into fine paste by adding some water.
- Ground nut oil- 1 table spoon
- Mustard – 1/4 table spoon
- Urad dal -1/4 table spoon
- Red chilli -1
- Curry leaves -4 cut into small piece