Indian potato curry:
Indian potato curry is made using potatoes which is excellent source of vitamin C, a good source of potassium, vitamin B6 , fat, sodium and cholesterol free.
Ingredients of Indian potato curry:
1. Potato -1/2kg
Things required for seasoning:
1. Ground nut oil pure -2 table spoon
2. Ginger and garlic paste -1 table spoon
3. Onion(big)-1 chopped into small pieces.
4. Green chili -5 cut into 4 pieces each
5. Curry leaves – small quantity cut into small pieces
6. Coriander leaves – small quantity cut into small pieces.
7. Fennel Seeds-1 table spoon
8. Cinnamon- 1 small piece
9. Cloves -2 pieces
10. Coriander seed powder -1 table spoon
11. Turmeric powder -1 teaspoon
12. Red chili powder -1 tea spoon
Preparation of Indian potato curry:
Firstly boil the potato after rinsing it well.
Peal the potato skin (optional).
Put pan in the stove in medium flame. Let it heat for some time.
Add oil and heat it and add Fennel seeds, cinnamon, cloves and curry leaves.
Let it fry for some moment and add Onion, green chili and garlic ginger paste. Fry it till the ginger garlic paste turns light brown.
Finally add the pealed potato by crashing it into small pieces and add the coriander seed powder, turmeric powder and red chili powder.
Fry it for 5-10 minutes till it turns into excellent aroma smelled curry.
Now, Indian potato curry is ready to serve. All age people like this and it is better to take small amount by aged people.
This is side dish to Idly, Dosa(Pancake) and as masala for masala roast.