Brinjal curry recipe:
Brinjal curry recipe is made using vegetable Brinjal and few ingredients. It is simple to make but healthy.
Ingredients needed to make Brinjal curry recipe:
1.Brinjal -500 grams (Cut each into 7-8 pieces)
2. Tomato -2 (cut into small pieces)
3. Sambar powder- 1.5 table spoon
Ingredients needed for seasoning:
- Big onion -1(cut into small pieces)
- Green chili-2 (cut vertically into two pieces)
- Red chili-3 (cut into 2 small pieces each)
- Ground nut oil -2 table spoon
- Castor oil -1 table spoon
- Curry leaves- as required
- Mustard-1 tea spoon
- Coconut- 2 table spoon(grated)
- Salt – required amount
- Turmeric powder-1 tea spoon
Preparation of Brinjal curry recipe:
Put pan in the medium flame and let it heat for some time. Add ground nut oil and let it heat for some time. Then add the mustard and let it burst.
Now add onion, green chili, red chili and curry leaves and fry until the onion turns medium brown. Then add the pieces of brinjal and fry it for 2-3 minutes.
Now add tomato, turmeric powder and salt. And fry them till tomato cooks well with low flame. If it cooks well without water then it would be fine. If it was not cooked well and there was no water remain then add the required water to cook well.
Finally add the grated coconut and put the flame off. Now Brinjal curry is ready to serve:)
This is side dish especially for rice. 🙂
You can find the link for potato curry recipe: indian-potato-curry