Dried Jujube fruit is a fruit available in Indian villages(as per my knowledge). Jujube plant will grow in dry area. It does not need water. The fruit is available from January every year for 3 months.
This recipes made using Jujube fruit are dried jujube and jujube powder. I really love it to make dried jujube fruit for long use.
This plant is in ridge of a field and there is no insecticide spread over the tree. So, fruits from Jujube plant are natural and organic.
But you need to buy jujube fruits and rinse them and make the dish you want as you wish.
This year I got Jujube fruits from my aunt’s house and prepared the dried jujube fruit for future use.
Benefits of Jujube(Ber) fruit:
Jujube fruit has many nutrition with it, they are carbohydrates, Fat,Protein, Water, Vitamin A is equivalent to 40 mg, Thiamine (vit. B1), Riboflavin (Vit. B2) , Niacin (Vit. B3) , Vitamin B6 , Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium , Manganese , Phosphorus, Potassium , Sodium and Zinc .
Things required for Dried Jujube fruit:
*Jujube fruit -1kg
*Red chili -15 pieces(It is according to you for the pungent taste)
*Asafoetida -1 teaspoonful
*Raw sugar- 200grams.
Preparation of Dried Jujube:
We have two ways to make this.
First way is:
1. Take all Jujube fruits and rinse them well with plain water for 2 to 3 times. Then take only good fruits.
2. Then add all the ingredients into blender.
3. Blend it till all fruits becomes half ground.
4. Now, make balls of the half ground jujube fruit and flatten them.
5. Put those flatten jujube ground fruit on a plate and dry them well in sunlight for 4-5 days.
6. You need to dry it well then only we can keep it for 2-3 months to use.
7.Finally our dried jujube fruit is ready.
Most importantly you can store it and eat daily to get excellent benefits of Jujube. In India, this crop is in fence and grow with little bit water. Rain water is enough for this tree. Nobody use insecticide or fertilizer for this plant.
So please don’t miss to buy this fruit when it is available in market and prepare this snacks and serve it to your family.
Certainly it costs less than other fruits bit richest in vitamins and minerals.
The other way to prepare dried Jujube fruit:
- Firstly rinse the jujube fruits well and take only the good fruits. Then dry them to become 3/4th dry in Sunlight.
- Secondly put all the other ingredients and 3/4th dried jujube and blend them well.
- And it becomes little bit semi solid state. Then make them as balls.
- Flatten each ball and dry again in sunlight to make them completely dry.
- Finally our dried jujube is ready to eat:)
Most importantly every mom has to tame their children to eat this fruit to enjoy the organic health benefits of Jujube.
So prepare them at home and enjoy it! Then share your comments.
Have a healthy life:)
Certainly dried jujube fruit vadai is available in amazon in the following link https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B081QLKBBV/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=3638&creative=24630&creativeASIN=B081QLKBBV&linkCode=as2&tag=all042-21&linkId=815d265d83378fa54ec39b24a2ef5ab9
And here is the link about how to make banana milk shakes and home made yogurt.
To get podi for idli or chappathi, you can powder the dried jujube in blender as nice powder. It is healthy and excellent tasty.
Certainly you never enjoyed a podi like this in your life.